Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Aluminum Mounting Plates Are Here





I just received a package of aluminum mounting plates today.  The hot-end mounting groove slides into the large groove and the slots are for the screws to hold the mounting plate in the extruder.  I decided to have slots as some extruders do not have the screw holes in the same location as the holes in other mounting plates.

I have noticed that the hot-end fits very snug and some filing is required in order to properly fit the hot-end to the mounting plate.  I believe this is because the mounting groove was originally designed around the use of laser-cut plywood.  As plywood is compressible, the fit wasn't a problem before.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent article I got to know while looking for Aluminium plate.I would like to thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete