Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hot-end Collection

From time to time, the subject of my hot-end collection is mentioned on the #reprap IRC.  I took a picture of what I have and here it is:
 


A.  Arcol V3
B.  Budaschnozzle 1.1
C.  E3d
D.  Darwin/Thermoplast Extruder Nozzle v1.1
E.  Darwin/Thermoplast Extruder Nozzle v2
F.  Darwin/Thermoplast Extruder Nozzle hybrid variant
G.  "Big-Head Style" hybrid nozzle
H.  "Big-Head Style" hybrid nozzle with brass thermal barrier
I.  MakerGear
J.  Wildseyed
K.  MakerBot Mk 5
L.  J-Head Clone 2012 Mk IV from China
M.  J-Head Clone 2013 Mk V fromChina
N.  J-Head Mk V from Reprap-UK (~2012)
O.  Experimental thermally fused J-Head  (Reifsnyder Precision Works)
P.  ParCan V2
Q.  Ultimaker
R.  Mini J-Head Mk I  (Reifsnyder Precision Works)
S.  J-Head Chess from 2engineers
T.  JGR all-metal hot-end
U.  Trinity Labs Magma
V.  Trinity Labs All-Metal J-Head

Available or formally available at http://www.hotends.com

1.  J-Head MK I
2.  J-Head MK II
3.  J-Head MK III-B
4.  J-Head MK IV
5.  J-Head MK IV-B
6.  J-Head MK V
7.  J-Head MK V-B
8.  J-Head MK V-BV


Not Shown:

J-Head MK VI-B
J-Head MK VII-B (experimental)
Hammerhead MK I
Geared Extruder Nozzle

Mini J-Head MK II


Note:  Any company names, trademarks, logos, etc., mentioned belong to their respective companies.  So there.


2 comments:

  1. Nice collection.

    It would be great if you could share some comments about the features of the top 5. Things like price vs reliability vs ability to print 1.75 PLA.

    I am looking forward to buying my next hot-end and I found a lot of information, but it is all over the web.
    It would be nice to have an analysis in a central place.

    I've read things like low quality j-head clones, all metal hot-ends that can't print PLA or that alwasy need a fan blowing at the cold end, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi where can I find source files to produce your hot ends in exactly in the original form.

    ReplyDelete